- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Rodney Hood Dealing With New Injury
- Updated: December 22, 2018
Rodney Hood is dealing with left Achilles soreness, he told me. Nwaba landed on someone’s foot, turning his left ankle
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 22, 2018
Hood, 26, has only missed one game this season so far. Although the current injury doesn’t seem major, it would be a real blow to the Cavs’ rotation if it forced the guard to miss some time. Hood has been getting into a groove in his first full season with the Cavs, averaging 12.9 points, 2.4 rebounds. and 2.1 assists per game. He was first acquired by the Cavs prior to last season’s trade deadline in a multi-team deal.
While his current season averages aren’t close to the career-high 16.8 points he was averaging with the Utah Jazz last season, they have been solid enough to catch the attention of other teams around the NBA.
In addition to hindering his playing rhythm, an injury would lessen the veteran’s value on the court. Hood was a restricted free agent this past offseason, but no team offered the former Duke University product any solid offers. That led Hood to re-sign with the Cavs at the $3.4 million qualifying offer, so that he could take his chances at earning a bigger payday this upcoming summer.
If this injury hampers him longterm, it could impact his chances at earning the kind of contract he desires.