- LeBron James shares how much he misses Tristan Thompson after linking up with him
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Cavs News: Rodney Hood Dealing With New Injury
- Updated: December 22, 2018
Rodney Hood is dealing with left Achilles soreness, he told me. Nwaba landed on someone’s foot, turning his left ankle
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 22, 2018
Hood, 26, has only missed one game this season so far. Although the current injury doesn’t seem major, it would be a real blow to the Cavs’ rotation if it forced the guard to miss some time. Hood has been getting into a groove in his first full season with the Cavs, averaging 12.9 points, 2.4 rebounds. and 2.1 assists per game. He was first acquired by the Cavs prior to last season’s trade deadline in a multi-team deal.
While his current season averages aren’t close to the career-high 16.8 points he was averaging with the Utah Jazz last season, they have been solid enough to catch the attention of other teams around the NBA.
In addition to hindering his playing rhythm, an injury would lessen the veteran’s value on the court. Hood was a restricted free agent this past offseason, but no team offered the former Duke University product any solid offers. That led Hood to re-sign with the Cavs at the $3.4 million qualifying offer, so that he could take his chances at earning a bigger payday this upcoming summer.
If this injury hampers him longterm, it could impact his chances at earning the kind of contract he desires.