- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: Tracy McGrady Blasts J.R. Smith for Disrespecting Him
- Updated: December 12, 2018
After Smith proclaimed on Twitter that Kevin Durant would easily beat Tracy McGrady in a one-on-one matchup, the former Orlando Magic superstar blasted the Cavs veteran on ESPN’s “The Jump”:
After @SLAMonline asked who would win in a game to 11 – prime Tracy McGrady or prime KD – we asked TMac what HE thinks.
Turns out…a LOT.
(He agrees KD is nice but maybe not so much when it comes to @TheRealJRSmith & @EvanFourmizz.)
Oh & then we brought @DerekFisher into it too pic.twitter.com/WoI382eb7r
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) December 11, 2018
“Not even close? Like, come on, now you’re being disrespectful on this, right. You’re being very disrespectful. I don’t know what the kid — no, let me use a Florida term. I don’t know what this jit’s problem is.”
McGrady, 39, was clearly upset that Smith didn’t even give him a shot. While Durant has won multiple Finals MVPs and scoring titles, McGrady is one of the most talented scorers the league has ever seen. At his peak, the 6-foot-8 forward averaged 32.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 5.5 assists with the Magic during the 2002-03 season.
Although most would give the Golden State Warriors superstar a leg up, McGrady clearly wanted to see fans give him more credit. In fact, the lack of respect by Smith and even current Magic player Evan Fournier is what set off McGrady even more:
“But the fact that you think it wouldn’t even be close and you chimed in on this to somebody that is the laughing stock around the NBA circles, and actually helped KD win his second championship and played for the opposing championship”
The harsh comments by McGrady make it understandable why he’s upset. However, despite the diatribe against Smith, the 2016 champion didn’t back down on Twitter:
????? he big mad!! https://t.co/rAD5HZuVW4
— JR Smith (@TheRealJRSmith) December 11, 2018
While Smith doesn’t lose anything from this, it’s fair for Cavs fans to wonder why the guard couldn’t put this much energy into the team’s locker room. Although the Cavs aren’t competing, Smith could’ve put this passion towards building and challenging the younger guys.