- NBA Commissioner Comments on Dan Gilbert’s Condition and Ability to Continue as Cavs Owner
- Report: Tyronn Lue Being Subpoenaed in Lawsuit Against Cavs
- Channing Frye Explains Why He Chose to Sign With Cavs Over Raptors Last Offseason
- Report: Koby Altman ‘Stunned’ Lindsay Gottlieb With Offer She Couldn’t Refuse
- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Markelle Fultz
- Updated: November 25, 2018
Fultz, 20, has had a very underwhelming start to his NBA career. After being the No.1 overall pick in the 2017 draft, the guard has been plagued by shooting struggles and a mysterious shoulder injury that’s caused him to miss over 60 games.
While Fultz came back healthier this season, the second-year pro is only putting up 8.2 points and 3.1 assists on 42 percent shooting from the field and 29 percent shooting from distance.
Nonetheless, the prospect still has a ton of potential. Fultz averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds in his one collegiate year at the University of Washington. While the 6-foot-4 guard has been unable to yet replicate that same skill set with the Sixers, a change of scenery might be able to do the trick.
The 76ers are in win-now mode with the emergence of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, as well as the recent trade acquisition of All-Star Jimmy Butler. In Cleveland, Fultz wouldn’t be rushed to perform highly nor be in the spotlight.
The Cavs, who are on a two-game winning streak, take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.