- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Markelle Fultz
- Updated: November 25, 2018
Fultz, 20, has had a very underwhelming start to his NBA career. After being the No.1 overall pick in the 2017 draft, the guard has been plagued by shooting struggles and a mysterious shoulder injury that’s caused him to miss over 60 games.
While Fultz came back healthier this season, the second-year pro is only putting up 8.2 points and 3.1 assists on 42 percent shooting from the field and 29 percent shooting from distance.
Nonetheless, the prospect still has a ton of potential. Fultz averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds in his one collegiate year at the University of Washington. While the 6-foot-4 guard has been unable to yet replicate that same skill set with the Sixers, a change of scenery might be able to do the trick.
The 76ers are in win-now mode with the emergence of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, as well as the recent trade acquisition of All-Star Jimmy Butler. In Cleveland, Fultz wouldn’t be rushed to perform highly nor be in the spotlight.
The Cavs, who are on a two-game winning streak, take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.