- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Exercise 3rd-Year Option on Ante Zizic
- Updated: October 29, 2018
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 29, 2018
Zizic, 21, was part of the package that brought Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and a 2018 draft pick to the Cavaliers in exchange for Kyrie Irving. While the 6-foot-11 center was an afterthought in the trade, he has stayed in Cleveland longer than Thomas and Crowder, who were dealt midway through last season.
Now with the Cavs extending the big man, Zizic appears to be a core player for the team’s future. In 32 games last season, the Croatian center put up 3.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in a mere 6.7 minutes a game. The youngster’s minutes are expected to rise this season as the Cavs prepare to develop their young players.
Cleveland’s decision to exercise their option on Zizic comes at a very challenging time for the franchise. After an 0-6 start to the 2018 NBA season, the team has fired head coach Tyronn Lue and learned that All-Star Kevin Love could be out for more than a month.
In other words, it might be time to start tanking.