- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Exercise 3rd-Year Option on Ante Zizic
- Updated: October 29, 2018
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 29, 2018
Zizic, 21, was part of the package that brought Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and a 2018 draft pick to the Cavaliers in exchange for Kyrie Irving. While the 6-foot-11 center was an afterthought in the trade, he has stayed in Cleveland longer than Thomas and Crowder, who were dealt midway through last season.
Now with the Cavs extending the big man, Zizic appears to be a core player for the team’s future. In 32 games last season, the Croatian center put up 3.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in a mere 6.7 minutes a game. The youngster’s minutes are expected to rise this season as the Cavs prepare to develop their young players.
Cleveland’s decision to exercise their option on Zizic comes at a very challenging time for the franchise. After an 0-6 start to the 2018 NBA season, the team has fired head coach Tyronn Lue and learned that All-Star Kevin Love could be out for more than a month.
In other words, it might be time to start tanking.