- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Exercise 3rd-Year Option on Ante Zizic
- Updated: October 29, 2018
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 29, 2018
Zizic, 21, was part of the package that brought Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and a 2018 draft pick to the Cavaliers in exchange for Kyrie Irving. While the 6-foot-11 center was an afterthought in the trade, he has stayed in Cleveland longer than Thomas and Crowder, who were dealt midway through last season.
Now with the Cavs extending the big man, Zizic appears to be a core player for the team’s future. In 32 games last season, the Croatian center put up 3.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in a mere 6.7 minutes a game. The youngster’s minutes are expected to rise this season as the Cavs prepare to develop their young players.
Cleveland’s decision to exercise their option on Zizic comes at a very challenging time for the franchise. After an 0-6 start to the 2018 NBA season, the team has fired head coach Tyronn Lue and learned that All-Star Kevin Love could be out for more than a month.
In other words, it might be time to start tanking.