- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
Cavs’ City Edition Uniforms for 2018-19 Season Leaked
- Updated: October 26, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to wear this season’s version of their City Edition uniforms, but a glimpse of part of the uniform has been leaked. The jersey remains a mystery, but the shorts question has been answered, thanks to a sharp visitor to a website that focuses on sports uniforms.
Looks like the shorts for this year's Cavs City Edition uniform have appeared, thanks to an eagle-eyed member of the @sportslogosnet forum.
Current 'C' logo + city tourism division's 'Cleveland' script + '90s wave design + '80s colors. Whole lot going on here. pic.twitter.com/ZvGeN0TADZ
— Tom Valentino (@1tomvalentino) October 25, 2018
The colors of the jersey hearken back to the era in which the Cavaliers were seeking to break away from their original wine and gold colors. That came in the wake of the era of Ted Stepien as the team’s owner, a three-year stretch that nearly destroyed the franchise.
Presently, there’s no indication exactly when the Cavaliers will begin wearing the uniforms, though the team didn’t begin wearing last season’s gray version until January. Last year was the first year for the alternate uniforms, which made an effort to be more geographically specific.
Entering Saturday night’s home game against Indiana, the Cavaliers currently have much more pressing issues as they seek to bounce back from an 0-5 start to the 2018-19 season.