- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs’ City Edition Uniforms for 2018-19 Season Leaked
- Updated: October 26, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to wear this season’s version of their City Edition uniforms, but a glimpse of part of the uniform has been leaked. The jersey remains a mystery, but the shorts question has been answered, thanks to a sharp visitor to a website that focuses on sports uniforms.
Looks like the shorts for this year's Cavs City Edition uniform have appeared, thanks to an eagle-eyed member of the @sportslogosnet forum.
Current 'C' logo + city tourism division's 'Cleveland' script + '90s wave design + '80s colors. Whole lot going on here. pic.twitter.com/ZvGeN0TADZ
— Tom Valentino (@1tomvalentino) October 25, 2018
The colors of the jersey hearken back to the era in which the Cavaliers were seeking to break away from their original wine and gold colors. That came in the wake of the era of Ted Stepien as the team’s owner, a three-year stretch that nearly destroyed the franchise.
Presently, there’s no indication exactly when the Cavaliers will begin wearing the uniforms, though the team didn’t begin wearing last season’s gray version until January. Last year was the first year for the alternate uniforms, which made an effort to be more geographically specific.
Entering Saturday night’s home game against Indiana, the Cavaliers currently have much more pressing issues as they seek to bounce back from an 0-5 start to the 2018-19 season.