- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Pulling Off Trade Today
- Updated: October 15, 2018
The 2018-19 NBA regular season is just days away from beginning, but that isn’t stopping the Cleveland Cavaliers from trying to improve upon their roster.
According to a surprise report on Monday evening, the Cavs could be looking to make a deal before their season gets underway.
Cavs haven’t ruled out a trade yet today, either. They have two small trade exceptions and a roster spot
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 15, 2018
The report references the Cavs’ two traded-player exceptions that are worth $2.5 million and $1.2 million respectively. Though small, they could certainly be used to add more talent and depth to the current Cavs roster.
Beyond this single tweet, there is currently very little to go off on in terms of trying to predict who the Cavs may be targeting. Several weeks ago, there were whispers that the Cavs were interested in dealing for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, but given the apparent reluctance by Minnesota’s front office to part ways with Butler, a trade of that magnitude seems unlikely.
Either way, it is clear that there may be a little bit more offseason excitement for Cavs fans everywhere before the Cavs open their 2018-19 campaign this Wednesday night.