- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Pulling Off Trade Today
- Updated: October 15, 2018
The 2018-19 NBA regular season is just days away from beginning, but that isn’t stopping the Cleveland Cavaliers from trying to improve upon their roster.
According to a surprise report on Monday evening, the Cavs could be looking to make a deal before their season gets underway.
Cavs haven’t ruled out a trade yet today, either. They have two small trade exceptions and a roster spot
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 15, 2018
The report references the Cavs’ two traded-player exceptions that are worth $2.5 million and $1.2 million respectively. Though small, they could certainly be used to add more talent and depth to the current Cavs roster.
Beyond this single tweet, there is currently very little to go off on in terms of trying to predict who the Cavs may be targeting. Several weeks ago, there were whispers that the Cavs were interested in dealing for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, but given the apparent reluctance by Minnesota’s front office to part ways with Butler, a trade of that magnitude seems unlikely.
Either way, it is clear that there may be a little bit more offseason excitement for Cavs fans everywhere before the Cavs open their 2018-19 campaign this Wednesday night.