- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Pulling Off Trade Today
- Updated: October 15, 2018
The 2018-19 NBA regular season is just days away from beginning, but that isn’t stopping the Cleveland Cavaliers from trying to improve upon their roster.
According to a surprise report on Monday evening, the Cavs could be looking to make a deal before their season gets underway.
Cavs haven’t ruled out a trade yet today, either. They have two small trade exceptions and a roster spot
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 15, 2018
The report references the Cavs’ two traded-player exceptions that are worth $2.5 million and $1.2 million respectively. Though small, they could certainly be used to add more talent and depth to the current Cavs roster.
Beyond this single tweet, there is currently very little to go off on in terms of trying to predict who the Cavs may be targeting. Several weeks ago, there were whispers that the Cavs were interested in dealing for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, but given the apparent reluctance by Minnesota’s front office to part ways with Butler, a trade of that magnitude seems unlikely.
Either way, it is clear that there may be a little bit more offseason excitement for Cavs fans everywhere before the Cavs open their 2018-19 campaign this Wednesday night.