- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Pulling Off Trade Today
- Updated: October 15, 2018
The 2018-19 NBA regular season is just days away from beginning, but that isn’t stopping the Cleveland Cavaliers from trying to improve upon their roster.
According to a surprise report on Monday evening, the Cavs could be looking to make a deal before their season gets underway.
Cavs haven’t ruled out a trade yet today, either. They have two small trade exceptions and a roster spot
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 15, 2018
The report references the Cavs’ two traded-player exceptions that are worth $2.5 million and $1.2 million respectively. Though small, they could certainly be used to add more talent and depth to the current Cavs roster.
Beyond this single tweet, there is currently very little to go off on in terms of trying to predict who the Cavs may be targeting. Several weeks ago, there were whispers that the Cavs were interested in dealing for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, but given the apparent reluctance by Minnesota’s front office to part ways with Butler, a trade of that magnitude seems unlikely.
Either way, it is clear that there may be a little bit more offseason excitement for Cavs fans everywhere before the Cavs open their 2018-19 campaign this Wednesday night.