- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Report: Cavs Work Out Several Promising Free Agents to Fill 2018-19 Roster
- Updated: September 5, 2018
It seems that the Cleveland Cavaliers are still looking to fill out their roster for the upcoming 2018-19 season.
Sources: The Cleveland Cavaliers worked out a number of free agents today, including Tyler Ulis, JaKarr Sampson, Alan Williams and Marcus Georges-Hunt.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) September 5, 2018
The gritty Sampson would make the most sense for the Cavs right now as his blue-collar mentality would give the Cavs an edge on both sides of the court. Sampson last played for the Sacramento Kings and averaged 4.7 points and 3.5 rebounds in the 2017-18 campaign.
Ulis is also an interesting prospect, however with prized rookie Collin Sexton and veteran George Hill still on the roster, the 5’10” point guard would likely be the third-string point guard behind those two.
The Cavs are expected to be a playoff team in the 2018-19 season, even with the departure of superstar LeBron James.