- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Sam Dekker Says the Cavs Will Be the Whitest Team in the NBA
- Updated: August 10, 2018
One of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ newest members is already serving some hot takes.
Forward Sam Dekker, who was dealt by the Los Angeles Clippers last week, jokingly admitted that the Cavs were going to be the whitest team in the league:
Dekker, 24, isn’t afraid to speak his mind and be a little comical. As a matter of fact, loose statements like this have portrayed parts of the youngster’s character. After the trade to the Cavs went down, reports surfaced that Dekker was dealing with maturity and focus issues.
The Cavaliers will be Dekker’s third team since he was drafted in the first round by the Houston Rockets in 2015. The constant changes of scenery may show the small forward’s maturity problems in addition to not living up to being the 18th overall pick in the draft. Although the 6-foot-9 Dekker played in 73 games with the Clippers last season, he only put up 4.2 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. The Cavs are hoping the move to Cleveland will revitalize Dekker’s career.