- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Scoochie Smith Earns Training Camp Invite From Cavs
- Updated: July 21, 2018
According to David Jablonski of the Dayton Daily News, guard Scoochie Smith has earned a training camp invite from the Cleveland Cavaliers after a solid showing during the 2018 Las Vegas Summer League.
Smith averaged 8.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Cavs in 16.9 minutes per game. The Summer League squad was eventually eliminated in the semifinals to the Los Angeles Lakers.
The former Dayton Flyers point guard has stated that he will probably accept Cleveland’s training camp invite, though he will keep all of his options open, according to Jablonski:
“Smith earned an invitation to training camp with the Cavaliers and said while he would probably accept it, he hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s keeping his options open in case other teams express interest in him.”
Smith’s greatest showing in Summer League came during his team’s second-round game against the Houston Rockets, where he scored 15 of his 17 points in the final seven minutes of the game. The Cavs would go on to win, 92-87.