- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Scoochie Smith Earns Training Camp Invite From Cavs
- Updated: July 21, 2018
According to David Jablonski of the Dayton Daily News, guard Scoochie Smith has earned a training camp invite from the Cleveland Cavaliers after a solid showing during the 2018 Las Vegas Summer League.
Smith averaged 8.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Cavs in 16.9 minutes per game. The Summer League squad was eventually eliminated in the semifinals to the Los Angeles Lakers.
The former Dayton Flyers point guard has stated that he will probably accept Cleveland’s training camp invite, though he will keep all of his options open, according to Jablonski:
“Smith earned an invitation to training camp with the Cavaliers and said while he would probably accept it, he hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s keeping his options open in case other teams express interest in him.”
Smith’s greatest showing in Summer League came during his team’s second-round game against the Houston Rockets, where he scored 15 of his 17 points in the final seven minutes of the game. The Cavs would go on to win, 92-87.