- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
Report: Scoochie Smith Earns Training Camp Invite From Cavs
- Updated: July 21, 2018
According to David Jablonski of the Dayton Daily News, guard Scoochie Smith has earned a training camp invite from the Cleveland Cavaliers after a solid showing during the 2018 Las Vegas Summer League.
Smith averaged 8.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Cavs in 16.9 minutes per game. The Summer League squad was eventually eliminated in the semifinals to the Los Angeles Lakers.
The former Dayton Flyers point guard has stated that he will probably accept Cleveland’s training camp invite, though he will keep all of his options open, according to Jablonski:
“Smith earned an invitation to training camp with the Cavaliers and said while he would probably accept it, he hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s keeping his options open in case other teams express interest in him.”
Smith’s greatest showing in Summer League came during his team’s second-round game against the Houston Rockets, where he scored 15 of his 17 points in the final seven minutes of the game. The Cavs would go on to win, 92-87.