- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Jose Calderon Agrees to One-Year, $2.4M Deal With Pistons
- Updated: July 2, 2018
Within days of finding out that Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had departed from the team to join the Los Angeles Lakers, Cavs fans will have to say goodbye to another member of last season’s roster.
That’s because reserve point guard Jose Calderon has agreed to a one-year, $2.4 million deal with the Detroit Pistons for the upcoming season.
Free agent Jose Calderon agrees to a one-year, $2.4 million deal with Detroit, league sources tell ESPN.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 2, 2018
The 36-year-old Calderon served as a serviceable veteran for the Cavs last season, as he started in 32 of his 57 games played.
With the Cavs clearly looking to prioritize their youth moving forward, and with the selection of University of Alabama point guard Collin Sexton, it’s clear that Calderon had no spot on the team’s roster for upcoming seasons.