- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
Cavs Rumors: Jose Calderon Agrees to One-Year, $2.4M Deal With Pistons
- Updated: July 2, 2018
Within days of finding out that Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had departed from the team to join the Los Angeles Lakers, Cavs fans will have to say goodbye to another member of last season’s roster.
That’s because reserve point guard Jose Calderon has agreed to a one-year, $2.4 million deal with the Detroit Pistons for the upcoming season.
Free agent Jose Calderon agrees to a one-year, $2.4 million deal with Detroit, league sources tell ESPN.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 2, 2018
The 36-year-old Calderon served as a serviceable veteran for the Cavs last season, as he started in 32 of his 57 games played.
With the Cavs clearly looking to prioritize their youth moving forward, and with the selection of University of Alabama point guard Collin Sexton, it’s clear that Calderon had no spot on the team’s roster for upcoming seasons.