- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
Collin Sexton to Wear Kyrie Irving’s Old Jersey Number
- Updated: June 21, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers zeroed in on Collin Sexton as their pick at the 2018 NBA Draft and nabbed him when their turn was up with the eighth selection. The dynamic point guard from the University of Alabama will be taking over the playmaking duties vacated by Kyrie Irving after he was traded to the Boston Celtics last summer.
But that’s not the only thing Sexton will be taking from Irving.
According to Cavs play-by-play announcer Fred McLeod, Sexton has chosen to wear Irving’s old number.
It’s a very interesting choice for the newly drafted point guard, who will be under the watchful eye of the Cleveland faithful. Sexton was one of the most explosive guards in college last season and he may soon make Cavs fans forget about Irving.
Taking on the number of arguably the best point guard in Cavs history is a huge gamble, but Sexton seems up for the challenge.