- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Collin Sexton to Wear Kyrie Irving’s Old Jersey Number
- Updated: June 21, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers zeroed in on Collin Sexton as their pick at the 2018 NBA Draft and nabbed him when their turn was up with the eighth selection. The dynamic point guard from the University of Alabama will be taking over the playmaking duties vacated by Kyrie Irving after he was traded to the Boston Celtics last summer.
But that’s not the only thing Sexton will be taking from Irving.
According to Cavs play-by-play announcer Fred McLeod, Sexton has chosen to wear Irving’s old number.
It’s a very interesting choice for the newly drafted point guard, who will be under the watchful eye of the Cleveland faithful. Sexton was one of the most explosive guards in college last season and he may soon make Cavs fans forget about Irving.
Taking on the number of arguably the best point guard in Cavs history is a huge gamble, but Sexton seems up for the challenge.