- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Collin Sexton to Wear Kyrie Irving’s Old Jersey Number
- Updated: June 21, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers zeroed in on Collin Sexton as their pick at the 2018 NBA Draft and nabbed him when their turn was up with the eighth selection. The dynamic point guard from the University of Alabama will be taking over the playmaking duties vacated by Kyrie Irving after he was traded to the Boston Celtics last summer.
But that’s not the only thing Sexton will be taking from Irving.
According to Cavs play-by-play announcer Fred McLeod, Sexton has chosen to wear Irving’s old number.
It’s a very interesting choice for the newly drafted point guard, who will be under the watchful eye of the Cleveland faithful. Sexton was one of the most explosive guards in college last season and he may soon make Cavs fans forget about Irving.
Taking on the number of arguably the best point guard in Cavs history is a huge gamble, but Sexton seems up for the challenge.