- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Michael Porter Jr. Makes Blasphemous Statement About LeBron James
- Updated: June 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly targeted former Gatorade National Player of the Year Michael Porter Jr. The 6-foot-10 forward is considered to be one of the most physically talented players in the draft, but could potentially fall into the Cavs’ lap thanks to some injury concerns.
It appears that the Cavs might have to consider another concern if they plan on drafting Porter on Thursday night. That concern revolves around where Porter ranks LeBron James on his list of best players in the NBA.
The Cavs are not only in the midst of preparing to make their highest pick in the draft since 2014, they are also on the precipice of watching James become a free agent.
It is unclear how willing James would be to re-sign with the Cavs if they select a rookie rather than trade the pick for an established star. It seems even less likely that James would sign on to play alongside a rookie who doesn’t even consider the four-time MVP to be the best player in the league.
Whatever happens, there is no doubt that Porter’s questionable comments have made what the Cavs end up doing on Thursday that much more interesting.