- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
Michael Porter Jr. Makes Blasphemous Statement About LeBron James
- Updated: June 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly targeted former Gatorade National Player of the Year Michael Porter Jr. The 6-foot-10 forward is considered to be one of the most physically talented players in the draft, but could potentially fall into the Cavs’ lap thanks to some injury concerns.
It appears that the Cavs might have to consider another concern if they plan on drafting Porter on Thursday night. That concern revolves around where Porter ranks LeBron James on his list of best players in the NBA.
The Cavs are not only in the midst of preparing to make their highest pick in the draft since 2014, they are also on the precipice of watching James become a free agent.
It is unclear how willing James would be to re-sign with the Cavs if they select a rookie rather than trade the pick for an established star. It seems even less likely that James would sign on to play alongside a rookie who doesn’t even consider the four-time MVP to be the best player in the league.
Whatever happens, there is no doubt that Porter’s questionable comments have made what the Cavs end up doing on Thursday that much more interesting.