- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Michael Porter Jr. Makes Blasphemous Statement About LeBron James
- Updated: June 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly targeted former Gatorade National Player of the Year Michael Porter Jr. The 6-foot-10 forward is considered to be one of the most physically talented players in the draft, but could potentially fall into the Cavs’ lap thanks to some injury concerns.
It appears that the Cavs might have to consider another concern if they plan on drafting Porter on Thursday night. That concern revolves around where Porter ranks LeBron James on his list of best players in the NBA.
The Cavs are not only in the midst of preparing to make their highest pick in the draft since 2014, they are also on the precipice of watching James become a free agent.
It is unclear how willing James would be to re-sign with the Cavs if they select a rookie rather than trade the pick for an established star. It seems even less likely that James would sign on to play alongside a rookie who doesn’t even consider the four-time MVP to be the best player in the league.
Whatever happens, there is no doubt that Porter’s questionable comments have made what the Cavs end up doing on Thursday that much more interesting.