- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Michael Porter Jr. Makes Blasphemous Statement About LeBron James
- Updated: June 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly targeted former Gatorade National Player of the Year Michael Porter Jr. The 6-foot-10 forward is considered to be one of the most physically talented players in the draft, but could potentially fall into the Cavs’ lap thanks to some injury concerns.
It appears that the Cavs might have to consider another concern if they plan on drafting Porter on Thursday night. That concern revolves around where Porter ranks LeBron James on his list of best players in the NBA.
The Cavs are not only in the midst of preparing to make their highest pick in the draft since 2014, they are also on the precipice of watching James become a free agent.
It is unclear how willing James would be to re-sign with the Cavs if they select a rookie rather than trade the pick for an established star. It seems even less likely that James would sign on to play alongside a rookie who doesn’t even consider the four-time MVP to be the best player in the league.
Whatever happens, there is no doubt that Porter’s questionable comments have made what the Cavs end up doing on Thursday that much more interesting.