- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Warriors Fans Shower J.R. Smith With ‘MVP’ Chants During Game 2
- Updated: June 3, 2018
J.R. Smith has a lot of pressure to perform in Sunday night’s Game 2 of the NBA Finals after his infamous blunder at the end of Game 1 on Thursday. Unsurprisingly, the fans in a packed Oracle Arena are letting him know it.
When Smith was sent to the line midway through the first quarter, the crowd chanted “MVP” as he shot his free throws.
Warriors fans are savage. pic.twitter.com/nYZSBXz08l
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) June 4, 2018
Considering how huge of an impact Smith had on the Warriors’ Game 1 victory, the chant is brutal, but accurate.
Other than the missed free-throw attempt, Smith hasn’t let the taunting get to him in so far. Late in the first quarter, he has already scored five points and is tied for the second most points in the game for the Cleveland Cavaliers behind LeBron James.
Hopefully the chants serve as motivation for a strong game from Smith and not a reason for choking under the pressure once again.