- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Warriors Fans Shower J.R. Smith With ‘MVP’ Chants During Game 2
- Updated: June 3, 2018
J.R. Smith has a lot of pressure to perform in Sunday night’s Game 2 of the NBA Finals after his infamous blunder at the end of Game 1 on Thursday. Unsurprisingly, the fans in a packed Oracle Arena are letting him know it.
When Smith was sent to the line midway through the first quarter, the crowd chanted “MVP” as he shot his free throws.
Warriors fans are savage. pic.twitter.com/nYZSBXz08l
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) June 4, 2018
Considering how huge of an impact Smith had on the Warriors’ Game 1 victory, the chant is brutal, but accurate.
Other than the missed free-throw attempt, Smith hasn’t let the taunting get to him in so far. Late in the first quarter, he has already scored five points and is tied for the second most points in the game for the Cleveland Cavaliers behind LeBron James.
Hopefully the chants serve as motivation for a strong game from Smith and not a reason for choking under the pressure once again.