- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Warriors Fans Shower J.R. Smith With ‘MVP’ Chants During Game 2
- Updated: June 3, 2018
J.R. Smith has a lot of pressure to perform in Sunday night’s Game 2 of the NBA Finals after his infamous blunder at the end of Game 1 on Thursday. Unsurprisingly, the fans in a packed Oracle Arena are letting him know it.
When Smith was sent to the line midway through the first quarter, the crowd chanted “MVP” as he shot his free throws.
Warriors fans are savage. pic.twitter.com/nYZSBXz08l
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) June 4, 2018
Considering how huge of an impact Smith had on the Warriors’ Game 1 victory, the chant is brutal, but accurate.
Other than the missed free-throw attempt, Smith hasn’t let the taunting get to him in so far. Late in the first quarter, he has already scored five points and is tied for the second most points in the game for the Cleveland Cavaliers behind LeBron James.
Hopefully the chants serve as motivation for a strong game from Smith and not a reason for choking under the pressure once again.