- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
Cavs News: LeBron James Makes History During 1st Quarter of Game 2
- Updated: May 15, 2018
Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James has been the unquestioned leader of the team in both of his tenures. In Tuesday night’s Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics, James used that leadership mantle to set a new NBA record, the latest accolade in his storied career.
? 21 POINTS IN THE 1Q ?
James’ 21 points accounted for 78 percent of the Cavaliers’ total points in the opening 12 minutes, helping give them a 27-23 lead when the period had ended. Coming one game after the Cavs struggled mightily from beyond the arc, James managed to drill four 3-pointers in the quarter.
Having competed against the Celtics during the postseason on many occasions, James’ ability to deliver against them has stamped him as one of the biggest clutch performers in league history. That skill helps explain his newest record.