- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Video: LeBron James Sons Fred Van Vleet After Physical Altercation
- Updated: May 1, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers are having their problems during the first half of their Game 1 contest against the Toronto Raptors, though LeBron James continues to be an integral aspect of the team’s offense. With 4:13 left in the second quarter, one of James’ assists nearly resulted in an on-court scuffle with Toronto’s Fred Van Vleet.
— RealGM (@RealGM) May 2, 2018
James had stolen Kyle Lowry‘s pass and quickly drove down the court, with J.R. Smith on his left flank. Smith took James’ subsequent pass and drilled a 3-pointer, but James was then on the receiving end of a foul from VanVleet. However, James wasn’t able to convert the free throw he was awarded.
The Cavaliers have chipped away at what was a double-digit deficit to trail 60-57 at the break, though plenty of time still remains in the contest.