- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Update Rodney Hood’s Status vs. New York Knicks
- Updated: April 11, 2018
When the Cleveland Cavaliers close out the 2017-18 regular season Wednesday night, their roster for the game against the New York Knicks will again be missing one member of what’s been the most recent starting lineup. Guard Rodney Hood will sit out the game to rest a sore left Achilles tendon, according to the team’s official game notes.
Rodney Hood (Achilles) is listed as out for Wednesday against the Knicks.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) April 11, 2018
Hood also sat out Monday night’s road victory against the Knicks after playing just 12 minutes last Friday night in Philadelphia. In that contest against the 76ers, Hood scored just four points after averaging 14 in his previous two efforts.
The continued rest is being done to ensure that Hood is as healthy as possible when the Cavaliers begin the postseason this weekend. Following tonight’s game, the Cavs will know whether or not they are the third or fourth seed in the Eastern Conference.