- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Cavs Rumors: Kendrick Perkins Expected to Sign With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: February 8, 2018
The flurry of deals that were part of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ busy day on Thursday resulted in the team needing to fill spots on their roster when all was said and done. One report indicates that one of the team’s former players is likely to be re-signing with the team: veteran center Kendrick Perkins.
Strong expectation in Cleveland that one of the Cavaliers’ soon-to-open roster spots — barring any more trades — will be filled by Kendrick Perkins
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) February 8, 2018
The 33-year-old Perkins played in 17 regular season games and eight postseason contests for the 2014-15 edition of the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers chose not to re-sign him after that campaign and he played 37 games for the New Orleans Hornets in 2015-16.
After sitting out last season, Perkins was invited to the Cavaliers training camp in September, but was released on Oct. 14.
While Perkins won’t offer much in the way of offense, he will provide the Cavs a veteran presence both on and off the court. He has 13 years of NBA experience, most notably with the Boston Celtics and is likely to play an enforcer-type role with the Cavaliers.