- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Report: Coach John Beilein Left Cavs Practice Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: October 5, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 5, 2019
The Cavs can only hope that his reasons for taking a leave aren’t too serious and that he can resume leading the team’s practices soon.
Nazareth College coach Kevin Broderick attended the Cavs’ practice on Friday and he saw firsthand how Beilein conducted himself as a new NBA coach. As one of Beilein’s former assistant coaches back in the day at Le Moyne College and Canisius College, Broderick spoke about witnessing this year’s training camp.
“He’s a great coach, which is a lot of things, but just a tremendous teacher of the game, and that’s never changed,” Broderick said. “Although, I think he just keeps getting better and better. Any chance I get to see him do what he does well is just a great learning experience.”
The Cavs’ 2019-20 campaign looks promising with a number of young players on board with loads of potential. It’s up to Beilein to establish the team’s identity during training camp as Cleveland attempts to provide a better showing than last season’s 19-63 record.