- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Coach John Beilein Left Cavs Practice Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: October 5, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 5, 2019
The Cavs can only hope that his reasons for taking a leave aren’t too serious and that he can resume leading the team’s practices soon.
Nazareth College coach Kevin Broderick attended the Cavs’ practice on Friday and he saw firsthand how Beilein conducted himself as a new NBA coach. As one of Beilein’s former assistant coaches back in the day at Le Moyne College and Canisius College, Broderick spoke about witnessing this year’s training camp.
“He’s a great coach, which is a lot of things, but just a tremendous teacher of the game, and that’s never changed,” Broderick said. “Although, I think he just keeps getting better and better. Any chance I get to see him do what he does well is just a great learning experience.”
The Cavs’ 2019-20 campaign looks promising with a number of young players on board with loads of potential. It’s up to Beilein to establish the team’s identity during training camp as Cleveland attempts to provide a better showing than last season’s 19-63 record.