- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
Report: Coach John Beilein Left Cavs Practice Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: October 5, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 5, 2019
The Cavs can only hope that his reasons for taking a leave aren’t too serious and that he can resume leading the team’s practices soon.
Nazareth College coach Kevin Broderick attended the Cavs’ practice on Friday and he saw firsthand how Beilein conducted himself as a new NBA coach. As one of Beilein’s former assistant coaches back in the day at Le Moyne College and Canisius College, Broderick spoke about witnessing this year’s training camp.
“He’s a great coach, which is a lot of things, but just a tremendous teacher of the game, and that’s never changed,” Broderick said. “Although, I think he just keeps getting better and better. Any chance I get to see him do what he does well is just a great learning experience.”
The Cavs’ 2019-20 campaign looks promising with a number of young players on board with loads of potential. It’s up to Beilein to establish the team’s identity during training camp as Cleveland attempts to provide a better showing than last season’s 19-63 record.