- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Coach John Beilein Left Cavs Practice Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: October 5, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 5, 2019
The Cavs can only hope that his reasons for taking a leave aren’t too serious and that he can resume leading the team’s practices soon.
Nazareth College coach Kevin Broderick attended the Cavs’ practice on Friday and he saw firsthand how Beilein conducted himself as a new NBA coach. As one of Beilein’s former assistant coaches back in the day at Le Moyne College and Canisius College, Broderick spoke about witnessing this year’s training camp.
“He’s a great coach, which is a lot of things, but just a tremendous teacher of the game, and that’s never changed,” Broderick said. “Although, I think he just keeps getting better and better. Any chance I get to see him do what he does well is just a great learning experience.”
The Cavs’ 2019-20 campaign looks promising with a number of young players on board with loads of potential. It’s up to Beilein to establish the team’s identity during training camp as Cleveland attempts to provide a better showing than last season’s 19-63 record.