- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
Video: Isaiah Thomas Posts Video of Him Dunking as He Nears Debut
- Updated: December 24, 2017
The rehabilitation of Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Isaiah Thomas has almost come to an end, with the veteran trying to get back to his 2016-17 form. During that season as a member of the Boston Celtics, he was a prolific scorer and All-Star player who was eventually forced to the sidelines by a hip injury.
The Instagram video below is an indication that the 5-foot-9 guard appears to be rounding into form:
Thomas’ size has always been held against him, beginning in the 2011 NBA Draft, when he was the 60th and last player taken. He’s subsequently used that snub to elevate his game to last season’s level, which is what the Cavaliers are expecting when he does return. That first appearance could come as early as later this week, but is expected to come by Jan. 3 — when the Cavs travel to face Thomas’ old team, the Celtics.