- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Video: Isaiah Thomas Posts Video of Him Dunking as He Nears Debut
- Updated: December 24, 2017
The rehabilitation of Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Isaiah Thomas has almost come to an end, with the veteran trying to get back to his 2016-17 form. During that season as a member of the Boston Celtics, he was a prolific scorer and All-Star player who was eventually forced to the sidelines by a hip injury.
The Instagram video below is an indication that the 5-foot-9 guard appears to be rounding into form:
Thomas’ size has always been held against him, beginning in the 2011 NBA Draft, when he was the 60th and last player taken. He’s subsequently used that snub to elevate his game to last season’s level, which is what the Cavaliers are expecting when he does return. That first appearance could come as early as later this week, but is expected to come by Jan. 3 — when the Cavs travel to face Thomas’ old team, the Celtics.