- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Video: Isaiah Thomas Seen Participating in Contact Drills During Practice
- Updated: November 22, 2017
— clevelanddotcom Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) November 22, 2017
Prior to this step forward, Thomas had been limited to simply maintaining his shooting touch, often after the Cavaliers team had completed its practices. The contact drills will help set the stage for further progress, which will include taking part in 5-on-5 drills, followed by his official return to the roster.
Thomas injured his hip last spring while he was still a member of the Boston Celtics. Since being dealt to the Cavaliers in the Kyrie Irving deal, Thomas has continued rehabilitation on that hip, with the target date for his return being sometime in January. However, Thomas has previously spoken about beating that cautious timetable and is anxious to get back on the court.