- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Isaiah Thomas Reacts to LeBron James’ Comments on Jersey Burning
- Updated: August 24, 2017
The fan was seen burning Thomas’ white and green Celtics jersey in a pit of fire, and afterwards, the reactions of many were overwhelmingly negative. That’s because of the fact that Thomas never asked to be traded from the Celtics and even went as far as to recruit Gordon Hayward and other players to the team. The Celtics brass had also stated that Thomas embodied what it meant to be a Celtic and was the heart and soul of the team.
Take a look at James’ rant below:
The burning of the jersey thing is getting ridiculous now! The man was traded. What do u not understand? & played in a game after …..
sister tragic death. Gordon Hayward paid he's dues as well and decided to do what's best for him and family. Put in the work, got better….
Became an All-Star, etc!! If these guys weren't good, u guys would be the first to say "get them up out of here". Man beat it! When "we"….
decide to do what best for us it's "cowardly" "traitor", etc but when it's on the other side it's "business" huh!?!? Ooh ok. Man do…..
Apparently, Thomas took notice of James’ comments and decided to to show a bit of appreciation afterward by favoriting a tweet regarding James’ rant on his own Twitter account.
The point guard was also challenged by Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant an hour later to try to make the All-NBA First Team for the 2017-18 season, which he favorited as well. If Thomas were to even make All-NBA Second Team next season, it would bode well for Cavs and their chances of making a fourth consecutive trip to the NBA Finals.