- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Klay Thompson Takes Brutal Shot at LeBron James and Rest of 2016 Cavs
- Updated: December 4, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers made news back in 2016 when they took advantage of a team Halloween party to clown the Golden State Warriors after their 2016 NBA Finals collapse, and Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson hasn’t forgotten about it.
The Cavs took advantage of the party by covering it in decorations referencing their championship victory and poking fun at the Warriors’ blown 3-1 series lead.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) October 31, 2016
The 2016 championship and subsequent Halloween party seem like ancient history now, but Thompson is clearly still salty about it. The sharpshooter joked about the party and its impact in a recent interview with Anthony Slater of The Athletic.
“Oh, yeah. Ha!” Klay said when he was reminded of the party in question. “That was funny. Look how that turned out. Psssh. Bums. That was crazy. I forgot about that. Well, look at what pettiness gets you. Gets you 1-8 in the Finals. Idiots.”
Thompson has a point. After their 2016 finals victory, the Cavs struggled against the Warriors on the NBA’s biggest stage in two subsequent years.
Still, it seems as though that series defeat still strikes a chord with Thompson.