- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Klay Thompson Takes Brutal Shot at LeBron James and Rest of 2016 Cavs
- Updated: December 4, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers made news back in 2016 when they took advantage of a team Halloween party to clown the Golden State Warriors after their 2016 NBA Finals collapse, and Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson hasn’t forgotten about it.
The Cavs took advantage of the party by covering it in decorations referencing their championship victory and poking fun at the Warriors’ blown 3-1 series lead.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) October 31, 2016
The 2016 championship and subsequent Halloween party seem like ancient history now, but Thompson is clearly still salty about it. The sharpshooter joked about the party and its impact in a recent interview with Anthony Slater of The Athletic.
“Oh, yeah. Ha!” Klay said when he was reminded of the party in question. “That was funny. Look how that turned out. Psssh. Bums. That was crazy. I forgot about that. Well, look at what pettiness gets you. Gets you 1-8 in the Finals. Idiots.”
Thompson has a point. After their 2016 finals victory, the Cavs struggled against the Warriors on the NBA’s biggest stage in two subsequent years.
Still, it seems as though that series defeat still strikes a chord with Thompson.