- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Klay Thompson Takes Brutal Shot at LeBron James and Rest of 2016 Cavs
- Updated: December 4, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers made news back in 2016 when they took advantage of a team Halloween party to clown the Golden State Warriors after their 2016 NBA Finals collapse, and Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson hasn’t forgotten about it.
The Cavs took advantage of the party by covering it in decorations referencing their championship victory and poking fun at the Warriors’ blown 3-1 series lead.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) October 31, 2016
The 2016 championship and subsequent Halloween party seem like ancient history now, but Thompson is clearly still salty about it. The sharpshooter joked about the party and its impact in a recent interview with Anthony Slater of The Athletic.
“Oh, yeah. Ha!” Klay said when he was reminded of the party in question. “That was funny. Look how that turned out. Psssh. Bums. That was crazy. I forgot about that. Well, look at what pettiness gets you. Gets you 1-8 in the Finals. Idiots.”
Thompson has a point. After their 2016 finals victory, the Cavs struggled against the Warriors on the NBA’s biggest stage in two subsequent years.
Still, it seems as though that series defeat still strikes a chord with Thompson.