- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Video: Donald Trump Presses Owner Dan Gilbert About LeBron James
- Updated: June 28, 2017
Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and chairman of Quicken Loans, was visiting the president about business in Detroit, Michigan — on the same day the World Series champion Chicago Cubs made their celebratory White House visit. Trump decided to have everyone meet for an impromptu photo opportunity because, of course, basketball people and baseball people belong together.
Trump asked Gilbert, a known Republican donor, how he was doing with LeBron James, who’s been rumored to be leaving after next season. Barely audible over the camera flashes, the owner and businessman said, “Good, yeah.”
It’s important to note that James, who’s been increasingly vocal on social issues, isn’t a fan of Trump, even going as far as vehemently denouncing Trump’s divisive immigration ban back in February.