- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
- Tristan Thompson Says He Would’ve Asked Lou Williams to Bring Magic City Wings Back to Bubble
Video: Donald Trump Presses Owner Dan Gilbert About LeBron James
- Updated: June 28, 2017
Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and chairman of Quicken Loans, was visiting the president about business in Detroit, Michigan — on the same day the World Series champion Chicago Cubs made their celebratory White House visit. Trump decided to have everyone meet for an impromptu photo opportunity because, of course, basketball people and baseball people belong together.
Trump asked Gilbert, a known Republican donor, how he was doing with LeBron James, who’s been rumored to be leaving after next season. Barely audible over the camera flashes, the owner and businessman said, “Good, yeah.”
It’s important to note that James, who’s been increasingly vocal on social issues, isn’t a fan of Trump, even going as far as vehemently denouncing Trump’s divisive immigration ban back in February.