- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Video: Donald Trump Presses Owner Dan Gilbert About LeBron James
- Updated: June 28, 2017
Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and chairman of Quicken Loans, was visiting the president about business in Detroit, Michigan — on the same day the World Series champion Chicago Cubs made their celebratory White House visit. Trump decided to have everyone meet for an impromptu photo opportunity because, of course, basketball people and baseball people belong together.
Trump asked Gilbert, a known Republican donor, how he was doing with LeBron James, who’s been rumored to be leaving after next season. Barely audible over the camera flashes, the owner and businessman said, “Good, yeah.”
It’s important to note that James, who’s been increasingly vocal on social issues, isn’t a fan of Trump, even going as far as vehemently denouncing Trump’s divisive immigration ban back in February.