- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Donald Trump Presses Owner Dan Gilbert About LeBron James
- Updated: June 28, 2017
Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and chairman of Quicken Loans, was visiting the president about business in Detroit, Michigan — on the same day the World Series champion Chicago Cubs made their celebratory White House visit. Trump decided to have everyone meet for an impromptu photo opportunity because, of course, basketball people and baseball people belong together.
Trump asked Gilbert, a known Republican donor, how he was doing with LeBron James, who’s been rumored to be leaving after next season. Barely audible over the camera flashes, the owner and businessman said, “Good, yeah.”
It’s important to note that James, who’s been increasingly vocal on social issues, isn’t a fan of Trump, even going as far as vehemently denouncing Trump’s divisive immigration ban back in February.