- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Channing Frye Unleashes Expletive-Laced Rant About Draymond Green
- Updated: June 16, 2017
With the mouth of Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green seemingly always in motion, it was inevitable that his constant stream of remarks was going to end up aggravating someone. That person appears to be Cleveland Cavaliers veteran Channing Frye, who made his comments known on Thursday.
“If I would have scored eight to 12 points total, I’d be talking the most s—,” Frye said. “Dude, let me. I would have Wikipedia’d this life, dawg. I would have had the internet killing him all over the place. I was like, I wish he would have put me in. Oh, [Tyronn Lue], put me in for this reason alone. I’m ready, dawg. Listen. But I can’t say s—. I can’t say nothing. This f—ing sucks.”
The reason is that Frye only saw limited action in one contest, scoring two points and grabbing three rebounds. Green averaged 11.0 points, 10.2 rebounds and 4.8 assists in the five-game series.
However, Frye spoke about Green’s comments at the Warriors’ championship parade on Thursday, which took jabs at Frye’s teammate LeBron James:
“The other guy is such a great guy, and it’s like gentleman banter back and forth,” Frye said about Green, without actually mentioning his name. “It’s like, this is the greatest day you could have arguably in your life and you’re talking to us. That’s cool, though.”
During that discussion about Green, Frye did manage some humor when Jefferson began to speak:
“The one thing I will say …” Jefferson said.
“Is that he’s ugly?” Frye interjected. “Edit that, please.”
The Cavaliers players got together for the final time this season with a team dinner, with next year’s roster inevitably having a different look over the next few months.