- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs News: Orlando Magic to Offer David Griffin Team President Position
- Updated: April 29, 2017
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, the Orlando Magic intend to offer current Cleveland Cavaliers general manager David Griffin their president of basketball operations position at the conclusion of the season.
Griffin currently has not had any meaningful discussions with the Cavs organization regarding an extension and his contract will be up at the end of the season.
However, there is still a good chance he stays with the Cavs on a new deal. Cavs superstar LeBron James recently told ESPN that he endorsed Griffin and his roster management.
The general manager is most known for bringing in Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, and Kyle Korver. He is the fourth GM the Cavs have had since owner Dan Gilbert took over in 2005.