- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: Cavaliers Hilariously Sing Classic Love Song in Spirit of Valentine’s Day
- Updated: February 17, 2017
The collective basketball ability of the Cleveland Cavaliers roster is such that they’ve been able to reach the NBA Finals in each of the last two years and win the franchise’s first title this past season. However, that high level of skill doesn’t always extend to their singing ability, which was captured in an Instagram video and posted on Thursday afternoon.
Taking turns singing lines from the late Whitney Houston’s, “I Will Always Love You,” are five members of the team: Kyrie Irving, Jordan McRae, Kay Felder, Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson. Irving appears at the beginning and end of the short video and arguably offers the best effort, though he states in the video that he was given the most difficult part to sing.
The song was Houston’s biggest hit and was part of her role in the 1992 Kevin Costner film, “The Bodyguard.” Last Saturday marked the fifth anniversary of her death at the age of 48.