- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Video: Cavaliers Hilariously Sing Classic Love Song in Spirit of Valentine’s Day
- Updated: February 17, 2017
The collective basketball ability of the Cleveland Cavaliers roster is such that they’ve been able to reach the NBA Finals in each of the last two years and win the franchise’s first title this past season. However, that high level of skill doesn’t always extend to their singing ability, which was captured in an Instagram video and posted on Thursday afternoon.
Taking turns singing lines from the late Whitney Houston’s, “I Will Always Love You,” are five members of the team: Kyrie Irving, Jordan McRae, Kay Felder, Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson. Irving appears at the beginning and end of the short video and arguably offers the best effort, though he states in the video that he was given the most difficult part to sing.
The song was Houston’s biggest hit and was part of her role in the 1992 Kevin Costner film, “The Bodyguard.” Last Saturday marked the fifth anniversary of her death at the age of 48.