- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Cavs News: Center Chris Andersen Out For Season With Devastating Injury
- Updated: December 17, 2016
After undergoing an evaluation at the facility, team physician Dr. Richard Parker confirmed that Andersen suffered an ACL tear that will require season-ending surgery.
The Cavs are now down to just three big men and also have two players on their roster that are unable to play this season.
Cavs lose Chris Andersen for season with torn ACL. They now have just 3 true big men and two players on roster unable to play (Mo Williams)
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) December 17, 2016
It is also significant to note that there is no roster relief for Cleveland based on the injury, meaning the Cavs would have to waive a player in order to open up a spot on their roster.
Cavs general manager David Griffin and the rest of Cleveland’s front office will certainly have a lot to think about over the next few weeks with glaring deficiencies both at the backup point guard and backup center position.