- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Set to Place Bet on World Series
- Updated: October 23, 2016
The friendship of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James and Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade is a strong one that saw them compete as teammates for four years on the Miami Heat. Now that the two players’ respective hometown cities are facing each other in the World Series, they’ve decided to place a friendly wager on the outcome of that event.
Wade offered up the first challenge shortly after the Chicago Cubs clinched the National League pennant on Saturday night. He offered up the following tweet:
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 23, 2016
Wasting little time, James responded by indicating that a wager would be forthcoming.
Wade returned to his hometown of Chicago after having played his entire 13-year career with the Heat. Meanwhile, James, who’s technically from nearby Akron, has been one of the Cleveland Indians’ most vocal supporters during their postseason run.
With the NBA regular season getting underway the same night as Game 1 of the World Series, the two players won’t have much time to keep track of their wagers. Wade’s Bulls only have two conflicts, though the latter road matchup against the Boston Celtics would potentially be up against Game 7 of the World Series. On the other hand, James’ Cavaliers are scheduled to play on the same night as four of the baseball games.