- Antawn Jamison Remembers Feeling ‘Numb’ After LeBron James Deserted Him on Cavs in 2010
- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Set to Place Bet on World Series
- Updated: October 23, 2016
The friendship of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James and Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade is a strong one that saw them compete as teammates for four years on the Miami Heat. Now that the two players’ respective hometown cities are facing each other in the World Series, they’ve decided to place a friendly wager on the outcome of that event.
Wade offered up the first challenge shortly after the Chicago Cubs clinched the National League pennant on Saturday night. He offered up the following tweet:
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 23, 2016
Wasting little time, James responded by indicating that a wager would be forthcoming.
Wade returned to his hometown of Chicago after having played his entire 13-year career with the Heat. Meanwhile, James, who’s technically from nearby Akron, has been one of the Cleveland Indians’ most vocal supporters during their postseason run.
With the NBA regular season getting underway the same night as Game 1 of the World Series, the two players won’t have much time to keep track of their wagers. Wade’s Bulls only have two conflicts, though the latter road matchup against the Boston Celtics would potentially be up against Game 7 of the World Series. On the other hand, James’ Cavaliers are scheduled to play on the same night as four of the baseball games.