- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Training Camp Day 2 Roundup: Elevation From James, Love and Emphasis on Limiting Minutes
- Updated: September 28, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers already look to be in midseason form here on Day 2 of training camp.
A couple things to note, head coach Tyronn Lue spoke about the team’s training staff implementing a “red zone” throughout the season to monitor the minutes of players. Lue intends to keep LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving‘s minutes managed in a strategic manner.
“For me, in the playoffs healthy is more important than anything,” said Lue. “We’re playing for something big… We have to take care of our bodies and take care of our key guys. As long as we get to the playoffs healthy, I’ll be very excited about that.”
In addition, the team vows not to get complacent through the regular season as they admitted that they became victim to it last year. James spoke on Tuesday and said that his current team has been through the ringer, experiencing both highs and lows.
In regards to actual gameplay, here are a few clips of James, Love, and even Dahntay Jones getting elevated here on Day 2.
— NBA TV (@NBATV) September 28, 2016