- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
Training Camp Day 2 Roundup: Elevation From James, Love and Emphasis on Limiting Minutes
- Updated: September 28, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers already look to be in midseason form here on Day 2 of training camp.
A couple things to note, head coach Tyronn Lue spoke about the team’s training staff implementing a “red zone” throughout the season to monitor the minutes of players. Lue intends to keep LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving‘s minutes managed in a strategic manner.
“For me, in the playoffs healthy is more important than anything,” said Lue. “We’re playing for something big… We have to take care of our bodies and take care of our key guys. As long as we get to the playoffs healthy, I’ll be very excited about that.”
In addition, the team vows not to get complacent through the regular season as they admitted that they became victim to it last year. James spoke on Tuesday and said that his current team has been through the ringer, experiencing both highs and lows.
In regards to actual gameplay, here are a few clips of James, Love, and even Dahntay Jones getting elevated here on Day 2.
— NBA TV (@NBATV) September 28, 2016