- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
Training Camp Day 2 Roundup: Elevation From James, Love and Emphasis on Limiting Minutes
- Updated: September 28, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers already look to be in midseason form here on Day 2 of training camp.
A couple things to note, head coach Tyronn Lue spoke about the team’s training staff implementing a “red zone” throughout the season to monitor the minutes of players. Lue intends to keep LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving‘s minutes managed in a strategic manner.
“For me, in the playoffs healthy is more important than anything,” said Lue. “We’re playing for something big… We have to take care of our bodies and take care of our key guys. As long as we get to the playoffs healthy, I’ll be very excited about that.”
In addition, the team vows not to get complacent through the regular season as they admitted that they became victim to it last year. James spoke on Tuesday and said that his current team has been through the ringer, experiencing both highs and lows.
In regards to actual gameplay, here are a few clips of James, Love, and even Dahntay Jones getting elevated here on Day 2.
— NBA TV (@NBATV) September 28, 2016