- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Las Vegas Releases Cavs’ 2016-17 Total Wins Prediction
- Updated: September 21, 2016
Once again, the Cleveland Cavaliers are heavy favorites to dominate the Eastern Conference. According to the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, the Cavaliers’ over/under win total is projected to be 56.5. That would give them the second-highest projected win total in the NBA. Only the Golden State Warriors have a higher over/under wins projection at 66.5.
Last year, the Cavaliers finished the regular season with 57 wins, so it looks like Vegas believes LeBron James and company should see themselves in a similar situation in 2016-17, which makes sense considering the team’s core group of players remains intact. As far as the next best in the East, it looks like Vegas believes the Boston Celtics will finish strong with an over/under of 51.5.
According to these over/under projections, the Cavaliers are tied with the San Antonio Spurs, who are also projected to win 56.5 games. However, it may be tough for them to achieve this feat in their first season without the all-time great Tim Duncan leading the way.
Here is the entire list of NBA over/under win totals as projected by the Westgate Superbook: