- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
Report: LeBron James to Host Pre-Camp Workouts in Los Angeles
- Updated: August 16, 2016
Just as he’s done in each of the last two seasons with Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James isn’t waiting until the start of training camp to get his teammates focused on the season ahead. Of course, in this case, it marks the first time they’ll get together as defending world champions.
James will be hosting his workouts, which generally begin around Labor Day, in Los Angeles this year, according to Cleveland.com. In 2014, James and the Cavs worked out in the Cleveland suburb of Independence before heading down to Miami last September.
The main reason for this year’s locale is that James has spent much of the summer in Los Angeles and has been living in a home in the Brentwood section of the city. Earlier this year, he purchased the home for $21 million.
Some members of the Cavaliers’ support staff will also be a part of the workouts, with the official start of the team’s preseason camp set for Tuesday, Sept. 27. Presently, J.R. Smith is the lone Cavaliers still unsigned, though his absence wouldn’t be anything new. Last year, Tristan Thompson skipped the workouts while negotiations on his contract were ongoing. Despite not signing until just before the start of the season, Thompson showed no ill-effects from missing either James’ workouts or training camp.