- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty D— Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Report: LeBron James to Host Pre-Camp Workouts in Los Angeles
- Updated: August 16, 2016
Just as he’s done in each of the last two seasons with Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James isn’t waiting until the start of training camp to get his teammates focused on the season ahead. Of course, in this case, it marks the first time they’ll get together as defending world champions.
James will be hosting his workouts, which generally begin around Labor Day, in Los Angeles this year, according to Cleveland.com. In 2014, James and the Cavs worked out in the Cleveland suburb of Independence before heading down to Miami last September.
The main reason for this year’s locale is that James has spent much of the summer in Los Angeles and has been living in a home in the Brentwood section of the city. Earlier this year, he purchased the home for $21 million.
Some members of the Cavaliers’ support staff will also be a part of the workouts, with the official start of the team’s preseason camp set for Tuesday, Sept. 27. Presently, J.R. Smith is the lone Cavaliers still unsigned, though his absence wouldn’t be anything new. Last year, Tristan Thompson skipped the workouts while negotiations on his contract were ongoing. Despite not signing until just before the start of the season, Thompson showed no ill-effects from missing either James’ workouts or training camp.