- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: LeBron James to Host Pre-Camp Workouts in Los Angeles
- Updated: August 16, 2016
Just as he’s done in each of the last two seasons with Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James isn’t waiting until the start of training camp to get his teammates focused on the season ahead. Of course, in this case, it marks the first time they’ll get together as defending world champions.
James will be hosting his workouts, which generally begin around Labor Day, in Los Angeles this year, according to Cleveland.com. In 2014, James and the Cavs worked out in the Cleveland suburb of Independence before heading down to Miami last September.
The main reason for this year’s locale is that James has spent much of the summer in Los Angeles and has been living in a home in the Brentwood section of the city. Earlier this year, he purchased the home for $21 million.
Some members of the Cavaliers’ support staff will also be a part of the workouts, with the official start of the team’s preseason camp set for Tuesday, Sept. 27. Presently, J.R. Smith is the lone Cavaliers still unsigned, though his absence wouldn’t be anything new. Last year, Tristan Thompson skipped the workouts while negotiations on his contract were ongoing. Despite not signing until just before the start of the season, Thompson showed no ill-effects from missing either James’ workouts or training camp.