- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Guard Jamal Crawford
- Updated: July 3, 2016
Fox Sports’ Sam Amico tweeted that mutual interest in making such a deal happen is there. However, the Cavaliers are limited by the financial constraints of the salary cap from bringing in players at much more than the veteran’s minimum salary. Crawford is likely seeking over $7 million per year.
#Cavs would like to add free agent G Jamal Crawford, and feeling is mutual, per sources. But making it work money-wise another matter.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) July 3, 2016
The 36-year-old Crawford has played for the Los Angeles Clippers for the last four seasons, coming off a season in which he averaged 14.2 points per game and 2.3 assists in a reserve role. That effort won him the NBA Sixth Man of the Year award, the third time in his career he’s captured that award.
One of the possible ways that David Griffin might be able to get Crawford signed is through a sign-and-trade. However, it’s uncertain who the Cavs would be able to deal to handle their end of the proposed trade.