- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Ray Allen for Rest of 2015-16 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2016
After much speculation about whether or not shooting guard Ray Allen would come out of retirement to join an NBA team, it looks like his intentions have been officially been confirmed.
Back in August, Allen had told the Hartford Courant,
“I haven’t said anything about that and I won’t officially retire. Because if something came to the table, contractually and situationally, I want to be able to take a strong look at it. I don’t want to be that guy that says he’s retiring and then is coming back. I didn’t miss it. I realized how much time I missed not being home with my kids. I probably missed it in the Finals. Watching Cleveland and Golden State play, it just seemed like an epic battle that required a lot of precision on the floor and that’s when I felt, that was probably the only time that I felt like, ‘Man, I should have been out there.’”
So evidently, there has been speculation for a while.
Allen is a career 18.9 PPG scorer and a legitimate threat from beyond the arc as a 40% 3-point shooter. He will be a great addition to the Cavs as he has championship experience and has played with James before in the past.