- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Cavs News: Tyronn Lue to Rest Multiple Cavaliers Players This Week
- Updated: March 16, 2016
Near the halfway point of a brutal five-game-in-seven-day stretch, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue has indicated that he plans to rest certain members of the team during the remaining three games this week.
The decision is in contrast to his earlier preference to wait until the team had clinched the top seed in the conference before pulling players out of the lineup.
Lue has also taken other steps to provide the team with additional rest, including staying overnight after Monday’s loss to Utah and cancelling the morning shootaround on Wednesday for tomorrow night’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“Three (games) in four nights,” Lue said. “Have a game and then leave again and have a back-to-back. So during that three-game stretch I will look to rest guys.”
The Cavaliers are scheduled to play in Orlando on Friday night and Miami the following evening. LeBron James figures to sit out Friday night’s contest, so that he’ll be ready for what’s expected to be a much stiffer challenge against the Heat. Back on December 5, he sat out the team’s other game in Miami, which they lost.