- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Tyronn Lue to Rest Multiple Cavaliers Players This Week
- Updated: March 16, 2016
Near the halfway point of a brutal five-game-in-seven-day stretch, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue has indicated that he plans to rest certain members of the team during the remaining three games this week.
The decision is in contrast to his earlier preference to wait until the team had clinched the top seed in the conference before pulling players out of the lineup.
Lue has also taken other steps to provide the team with additional rest, including staying overnight after Monday’s loss to Utah and cancelling the morning shootaround on Wednesday for tomorrow night’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“Three (games) in four nights,” Lue said. “Have a game and then leave again and have a back-to-back. So during that three-game stretch I will look to rest guys.”
The Cavaliers are scheduled to play in Orlando on Friday night and Miami the following evening. LeBron James figures to sit out Friday night’s contest, so that he’ll be ready for what’s expected to be a much stiffer challenge against the Heat. Back on December 5, he sat out the team’s other game in Miami, which they lost.