- Collin Sexton reveals inspiring message Dwyane Wade gave him during jersey swap
- Report: Cavs putting ‘large focus’ on improving defense this offseason
- Former Cavs star reveals sleeper who he thinks is ‘best’ point guard in 2020 draft class
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
Cavs News: Tyronn Lue to Rest Multiple Cavaliers Players This Week
- Updated: March 16, 2016
Near the halfway point of a brutal five-game-in-seven-day stretch, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue has indicated that he plans to rest certain members of the team during the remaining three games this week.
The decision is in contrast to his earlier preference to wait until the team had clinched the top seed in the conference before pulling players out of the lineup.
Lue has also taken other steps to provide the team with additional rest, including staying overnight after Monday’s loss to Utah and cancelling the morning shootaround on Wednesday for tomorrow night’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“Three (games) in four nights,” Lue said. “Have a game and then leave again and have a back-to-back. So during that three-game stretch I will look to rest guys.”
The Cavaliers are scheduled to play in Orlando on Friday night and Miami the following evening. LeBron James figures to sit out Friday night’s contest, so that he’ll be ready for what’s expected to be a much stiffer challenge against the Heat. Back on December 5, he sat out the team’s other game in Miami, which they lost.