- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Report: Teams Inquiring About Trading For Timofey Mozgov
- Updated: January 8, 2016
The trade deadline is a little over a month away and Timofey Mozgov may be on the move.
Despite starting at center for the Cavaliers in the 2015 NBA Finals and at the beginning of this season, Mozgov has now become a bench player over the past couple of weeks. Head coach David Blatt replaced Mozgov with Tristan Thompson in the starting lineup on December 28th. Mozgov’s minutes have steadily declined ever since, as he’s averaged just 4.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11.3 minutes per game in the month of January.
It’s worth noting that the 29-year-old will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and will likely garner strong interest and a lucrative long-term deal as the salary cap increases. The Cavs’ plan was to re-sign him, but a return for Mozgov may be less attractive now that he’s coming off of the bench. However, Cleveland does own his Bird rights and he is eligible for a five-year extension with the franchise.
If the 7-foot-1 center were to re-sign with the team on a $10 million annual deal, it would cost the Cavaliers over $26 million in salary and luxury tax.
While Cleveland is telling teams that they’re not interested in trading Mozgov right now, a lot can change between now and the trade deadline on February 18th.