- Kendrick Perkins Clears Up Beef He Had With Stephen Curry During 2018 NBA Finals
- Report: Tristan Thompson Has Been Talking With Darius Garland and Kevin Porter Jr. Every Week
- Khloe Kardashian Addresses Rumors That She’s Pregnant With Tristan Thompson’s Baby
- Tristan Thompson Reveals His Biggest Concern in Resuming NBA Season
- Former Cavs Big Man Says LeBron James, Not Michael Jordan, Should Be No. 1 in ESPN Player Rankings
- Report: Cavs Could Go After Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones Jr. and Harry Giles in Free Agency
- Phil Handy Reveals Fans Would Be ‘Shocked’ From Footage of 2016 Cavs Documentary
- Larry Nance Jr. and His Dad Have Been Having Constant Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James Debates
- Larry Nance Jr. Says NBA Needs to Crown Champion This Season
- Report: Majority of NBA Players Eliminated From Playoff Contention Want Regular Season Cancelled
Cavs Rumors: J.R. Smith Accused of Choking New York Teen
- Updated: November 20, 2015
The New York Daily News was reporting on Friday that Smith, who was playing later that night for the Cavaliers against the New York Knicks, was leaving the 1 OAK nightclub at approximately 4 a.m. when the alleged incident took place. Despite the allegation, no arrest has been made.
The 19-year-old high school student from Harlem making the claim, Justin Brown, stated that Smith had ignored a photo request from him and his friends. A cell phone video shows Smith walking away as Brown’s voice is heard:
“That’s why New York kicked you out, yo!”
The teenager then claimed that Smith pushed him up against the outside of a late-night pizza shop before then putting his hands around Brown’s throat.
A police report on the incident was reported to have been lost, which required the filing of another report three days later.
Smith’s lawyer, Alex Spiro, denied the allegation:
“The allegation is completely false,” Spiro said.
Last season, Smith was asked about the dangers of being a celebrity in nightclubs and other prominent areas:
“For me, I feel like a target every time … I try to handle myself with care when I’m out and about,” Smith reportedly said at the time.
There was no comment from any Cavaliers official as of yet.