- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Add Dionte Christmas, Drop Mike Dunigan
- Updated: October 9, 2015
Assuming Christmas passes a physical on Saturday, he’ll be signed to a one-year non-guaranteed contract, according to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Since the Cavaliers are currently at the limit of 20 players, they will need to make room for Christmas, which means that another free agent, Mike Dunigan, will be odd man out.
Christmas, who turned 29 last month, went undrafted in the 2009 NBA Draft coming out of Temple University. The vast majority of his professional career has been spent overseas, playing in seven different countries.
The small bit of NBA experience that Christmas possesses came during the 2013-14 campaign, when he played in 31 games for the Phoenix Suns. In those contests, he averaged 2.3 points and 1.2 rebounds in limited action.
After being released during the 2014 offseason by the Suns, Christmas signed with the New Orleans Pelicans prior to the start of their training camp. However, he was released in mid-October and played last season for the Paris-Levallois squad in France.