- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
LeBron James Organizing Workouts for Cavs Teammates in Miami
- Updated: September 10, 2015
LeBron James is back in Miami.
The Cleveland Cavaliers star is holding his annual pre-training-camp workouts with Kyrie Irving and other teammates in Miami, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN. James is organizing voluntary workouts for his Cavaliers teammates for this week and next.
When LeBron played for Heat, he held Sept. workouts in Ohio. Now back with Cavs, he’s holding them in Miami: http://t.co/IO4vt78qJv
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) September 8, 2015
Irving has yet to be cleared for basketball activities, but he has been doing conditioning work in South Florida with James. Several Cavs players such as Anderson Varejao, Kevin Love and Timofey Mozgov will be limited as they recover from season-ending injuries.
During the middle of the 2014-15 season, James spent time in Miami while recovering from knee and back issues. After being out of the lineup for two full weeks, the four-time MVP returned and led Cleveland to a 34-10 record for the remainder of the season.
With championship expectations for the team this upcoming season, it’s understandable why James is taking a slightly different approach from the one he took upon his initial return to the Cavaliers last season.
The team will officially return to the basketball court in late September for training camp.