- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Jerry Colangelo: LeBron Has Guaranteed Spot on 2016 Olympic Roster If He Wants It
- Updated: August 12, 2015
According to USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar forward LeBron James knows that he has a roster spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team if he wants it.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 11, 2015
After an interview he had on Tuesday with ESPN, Colangelo said he is content with the collective expectation that James is unlikely to make a firm decision about his participation in next summer’s Olympics until after the 2015-16 NBA season.
“He will be in town during the course of this week,” said Colangelo on Tuesday afternoon. “He won’t be participating in any practices to the best of my knowledge, but … he knows he has a [roster] spot. If he wants to perform — and I believe deep down inside he does — then I would expect that he will be playing for us next summer.”
James, who is widely considered to be the best basketball player in the world, has won two gold medals (2008 in Beijing and 2012 in London) with Team USA.