- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Jerry Colangelo: LeBron Has Guaranteed Spot on 2016 Olympic Roster If He Wants It
- Updated: August 12, 2015
According to USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar forward LeBron James knows that he has a roster spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team if he wants it.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 11, 2015
After an interview he had on Tuesday with ESPN, Colangelo said he is content with the collective expectation that James is unlikely to make a firm decision about his participation in next summer’s Olympics until after the 2015-16 NBA season.
“He will be in town during the course of this week,” said Colangelo on Tuesday afternoon. “He won’t be participating in any practices to the best of my knowledge, but … he knows he has a [roster] spot. If he wants to perform — and I believe deep down inside he does — then I would expect that he will be playing for us next summer.”
James, who is widely considered to be the best basketball player in the world, has won two gold medals (2008 in Beijing and 2012 in London) with Team USA.