- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Jerry Colangelo: LeBron Has Guaranteed Spot on 2016 Olympic Roster If He Wants It
- Updated: August 12, 2015
According to USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar forward LeBron James knows that he has a roster spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team if he wants it.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 11, 2015
After an interview he had on Tuesday with ESPN, Colangelo said he is content with the collective expectation that James is unlikely to make a firm decision about his participation in next summer’s Olympics until after the 2015-16 NBA season.
“He will be in town during the course of this week,” said Colangelo on Tuesday afternoon. “He won’t be participating in any practices to the best of my knowledge, but … he knows he has a [roster] spot. If he wants to perform — and I believe deep down inside he does — then I would expect that he will be playing for us next summer.”
James, who is widely considered to be the best basketball player in the world, has won two gold medals (2008 in Beijing and 2012 in London) with Team USA.