- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
Reggie Miller Says He’d Take Larry Bird Over LeBron James in Mock Draft
- Updated: August 9, 2015
Former Indiana Pacers star Reggie Miller recently made an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show and said that in a hypothetical draft, he would take former Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird over LeBron James.
Miller argued that with today’s rules and the landscape of the current era, Bird would have the advantage.
“I gotta go with Larry Joe (Bird’s middle name is Joe),” Miller said. “In today’s rules, you can’t touch him!”
Although Bird obviously wasn’t the physical presence James is on the court, Bird was able to impact the game in a different manner and would most definitely love today’s speed and pace.
Still, the way James is able to impact the game on both sides of the floor and literally carry the the team on his back whether it be in the NBA Finals or regular season, gives the four-time MVP the nod in our books.