- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
J.R. Smith: ‘I Just Want to Be Somewhere I Can Make a Difference’
- Updated: August 4, 2015
J.R. Smith has been a free agent for what seems like forever.
For a player who opted out of his $6.4 million deal for the 2015-16 season, one would think that Smith would have been signed by now. After over a month of free agency, that has not been the case.
While it’s been a frustrating situation for both the Cleveland Cavaliers and their streaky shooter, Smith has clarified exactly what he wants to bring to the table for whichever team he plays on next season via Grant Wieman of the Pacific Daily News:
“I just want to be somewhere I can make a difference. I don’t want to be somewhere I can’t have an effect on the team.”
The veteran shooting guard commented on what his role might be if he returns to Cleveland next season:
“I would love to be a starter, but it depends on the situation and what team I’m on. Cleveland is in a situation where they don’t really need me to start. I can come off the bench and bring the energy and stuff like that.”
The 11-year veteran is currently helping out Cavs Director of Player Development Phil Handy with camp in Guam.
While it remains to be seen where he’ll play next season, there is little doubt that he will at least have some sort of impact wherever he lands.