- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Kendrick Perkins Says He Wants to ‘Throw up’ Every Time He Thinks of Kyrie Irving
- Updated: February 13, 2020
But it’s starting to seem like Irving has been somewhat of a problem on each team he’s played for.
Former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins recently gave NBC Sports Boston a reminder of Irving’s not-so-stellar reputation.
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) February 12, 2020
Perkins played half a season with Irving in Cleveland during the 2014-15 season. Before that, he was a member of the Boston Celtics for seven and a half seasons, helping them win the NBA championship in 2008.
Irving, of course, demanded a trade shortly after the Cavs lost the 2017 NBA championship to the Golden State Warriors and was subsequently dealt to Boston.
Last season, as a member of the Celtics, Irving was noncommittal when asked about his upcoming free agency and whether he would remain in Boston.
He had a nice season individually, but the team was beset by chemistry issues all year. After winning a disappointing 49 games, the Celtics took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals from the Milwaukee Bucks, only to drop the next four.