- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Kendrick Perkins Says He Wants to ‘Throw up’ Every Time He Thinks of Kyrie Irving
- Updated: February 13, 2020
But it’s starting to seem like Irving has been somewhat of a problem on each team he’s played for.
Former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins recently gave NBC Sports Boston a reminder of Irving’s not-so-stellar reputation.
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) February 12, 2020
Perkins played half a season with Irving in Cleveland during the 2014-15 season. Before that, he was a member of the Boston Celtics for seven and a half seasons, helping them win the NBA championship in 2008.
Irving, of course, demanded a trade shortly after the Cavs lost the 2017 NBA championship to the Golden State Warriors and was subsequently dealt to Boston.
Last season, as a member of the Celtics, Irving was noncommittal when asked about his upcoming free agency and whether he would remain in Boston.
He had a nice season individually, but the team was beset by chemistry issues all year. After winning a disappointing 49 games, the Celtics took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals from the Milwaukee Bucks, only to drop the next four.