- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Shares Hilarious Story of Kobe Bryant Defending Him: ‘He Punched That S— Bro’
Kendrick Perkins Says He Wants to ‘Throw up’ Every Time He Thinks of Kyrie Irving
- Updated: February 13, 2020
But it’s starting to seem like Irving has been somewhat of a problem on each team he’s played for.
Former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins recently gave NBC Sports Boston a reminder of Irving’s not-so-stellar reputation.
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) February 12, 2020
Perkins played half a season with Irving in Cleveland during the 2014-15 season. Before that, he was a member of the Boston Celtics for seven and a half seasons, helping them win the NBA championship in 2008.
Irving, of course, demanded a trade shortly after the Cavs lost the 2017 NBA championship to the Golden State Warriors and was subsequently dealt to Boston.
Last season, as a member of the Celtics, Irving was noncommittal when asked about his upcoming free agency and whether he would remain in Boston.
He had a nice season individually, but the team was beset by chemistry issues all year. After winning a disappointing 49 games, the Celtics took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals from the Milwaukee Bucks, only to drop the next four.