- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Expected to Trade Brendan Haywood to 76ers or Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 24, 2015
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reports that the Cavaliers are expected to trade Haywood and his $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season to either the Portland Trail Blazers or the Philadelphia 76ers. In return, Cleveland would get a massive $10.5 million trade exception that can be used next season.
Cavaliers are expected to flip Brendan Haywood to either Portland or Philly who would immediate waive him – Cavs get a $10.5m TPE in return
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) July 23, 2015
Cleveland recently traded rookie Rakeem Christmas to the Indiana Pacers for a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. The deal was made to give the Cavaliers roster flexibility and an asset they could use in order to trade Haywood, while creating a larger trade exception.
Once Haywood is acquired by either of these teams, it is expected that he’ll be waived before his salary becomes guaranteed on August 1.