- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Rakeem Christmas to Indiana Pacers
- Updated: July 23, 2015
With reports just a couple days ago that rookies Rakeem Christmas and Sir’Dominic Pointer were unlikely to make the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, it has been announced by General Manager David Griffin that forward/center Christmas has been traded to the Indiana Pacers for a 2019 second-round draft pick.
Christmas was the 36th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft and appeared in four summer league games for the Cavs. He put up averages of 8.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in about 20.9 minutes per game.
“We really liked Rakeem when he came in for pre-draft workouts,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “He is a solid player who was a contributor all four years at Syracuse and we look forward to having him on our team.”