- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Rakeem Christmas to Indiana Pacers
- Updated: July 23, 2015
With reports just a couple days ago that rookies Rakeem Christmas and Sir’Dominic Pointer were unlikely to make the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, it has been announced by General Manager David Griffin that forward/center Christmas has been traded to the Indiana Pacers for a 2019 second-round draft pick.
Christmas was the 36th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft and appeared in four summer league games for the Cavs. He put up averages of 8.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in about 20.9 minutes per game.
“We really liked Rakeem when he came in for pre-draft workouts,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “He is a solid player who was a contributor all four years at Syracuse and we look forward to having him on our team.”