- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Isaac Okoro to miss Sunday’s game vs. 76ers with new injury
- Updated: December 27, 2020
The youngster got hurt during the Cavs’ 129-119 win against the Detroit Pistons on Saturday.
“The injury occurred at some point during the Cavaliers’ 128-119 double-overtime win in Detroit Saturday night,” wrote Fedor. “Okoro fell awkwardly, but fought off the pain and played a career-high 42 minutes, logging a handful during crunch time. Okoro went scoreless, missing all four of his shots, but was credited for his defense throughout.”
Sunday will mark Okoro’s first absence from an NBA game.
Okoro, 19, was the No. 5 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
The Cavs are bullish on the youngster. As matter of fact, numerous Cavs players have raved about the Auburn University product due to his production in training camp and the preseason.
However, Okoro’s transition to the regular season has been a little rough. In the Cavs’ entertaining victory over the Pistons on Saturday night, Okoro went scoreless despite playing a whopping 42 minutes.
The newly discovered injury could be the reason why Okoro has had a slow start to the 2020-21 regular season.