- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Darius Garland says Cavs fans got to see the ‘real Darius Garland’ last night vs. Hornets
- Updated: December 24, 2020
“Yeah. It’s him,” Garland responded to if that was the guy once worthy of a top five pick. “The real Darius Garland. Feel really good and we’re going to keep rolling.”
Garland finished the Cavs’ 121-114 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday night with 22 points, six assists and six rebounds. From the field, he connected on 7-of-13 and 4-of-8 from beyond the arc, while also knocking down all four of his free-throw attempts.
That effort was clearly what the Cavaliers were expecting when they selected him with the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.
When he was drafted, Garland was coming off one abbreviated season at Vanderbilt University, where he played just five games before undergoing knee surgery.
Motivated by such opinions, Garland has clearly made an effort to improve his overall game, using most of the Cavs’ extended absence from the court to work out on his own.
While critics may still not be impressed by Garland until he performs at a consistent level, it appears that he is working hard to make that happen.