- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Cavs’ Dan Gilbert voted amongst worst owners in entire NBA
- Updated: December 17, 2020
In a league-wide survey conducted by Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic, Gilbert was voted the fifth-worst owner in the NBA.
Gilbert, 58, became the Cavaliers’ majority owner in 2005.
The franchise has been on a roller coaster since the billionaire’s arrival in Cleveland.
While four-time MVP LeBron James catapulted the Cavs into contention during Gilbert’s early tenure, his departure in 2010 sank the organization into several seasons of consistent losing.
The owner infamously thrashed James for taking his talents to the star-studded Miami Heat in 2010. However, Gilbert welcomed the superstar back in 2014.
Of course, the Cavs won their first championship against the Golden State Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals. Gilbert helped facilitate numerous moves and spent loads of money to retain free agents during James’ second tenure with the team.
However, since James’ second departure from the team, the Cavs have once again been stuck in the basement of the league.