- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Larry Nance Jr. and Matthew Dellavedova to enter concussion protocol
- Updated: December 15, 2020
“League sources tell cleveland.com that Nance, who started in place of Kevin Love Monday night, suffered a concussion that has landed him in the NBA’s concussion protocol. He also has a sprained jaw, sources say. There is no official timeline for Nance’s return, but the belief is he will be back for the Cavaliers’ regular season opener on Dec. 23 against the Charlotte Hornets.”
Nance Jr. took a blow to the face from Domantas Sabonis in the Cavs’ matchup against the Indiana Pacers.
Dellavedova suffered a fall in Saturday’s contest leading to him being placed in concussion protocol.
“After playing shorthanded in the first two exhibitions, the Cavs will be heading into the final tune-up games the same way,” Fedor wrote. “Dellavedova, who was absent Monday night following a nasty fall during Saturday’s game, will stay back in Cleveland and also go into the concussion protocol, sources say.”
The Cavs certainly would like both veteran players back for their season opener against the Hornets.
However, with concussions, it is important that teams remain cautious. If Nance and Dellavedova do miss time, the Cavs will have to get some extra production from their bench.