- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Kevin Love blasts Kyrie Irving for calling members of the media ‘pawns’
- Updated: December 11, 2020
Though they surely were on the same side during their time on the Cleveland Cavaliers, Love has distanced himself from Irving’s recent criticism of the media that surrounds the NBA.
— Travonne Edwards (Blk Tray) (@Travonne) December 11, 2020
#Cavs Kevin Love disagrees with former teammate Kyrie Irving’s stance on the media.
“Calling anybody a pawn is a sure sign of disrespect,” Love said. “I’m not a divisive person.” pic.twitter.com/4izgXgnO1A
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 11, 2020
Last week, Irving announced that he would not speak with members of the media this season. It’s the latest perplexing move that the talented guard has made.
The decision occurred on the cusp of a season in which Irving’s Brooklyn Nets are expected to seriously contend for a title. Irving and teammate Kevin Durant are expected to be one of the most talented duos in the NBA this season.
As for Love, he’s hoping to lead a young Cavs team to greater success than it enjoyed last season. Last year, the Cavs won just 19 games.
Just as the Cavs and Nets could be on opposite sides of the standings this upcoming season, it appears that Love and Irving are on opposite sides of this argument.
Though Love could try to speak with Irving and convince him to take a different approach, Irving is not known to back down from his stances, no matter how outlandish they sometimes prove to be.