- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Updated: November 18, 2020
Executives around the NBA reportedly believe that Israeli standout Deni Avdija won’t fall past the Cleveland Cavaliers’ pick at No. 5 in the upcoming NBA draft.
According to The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor, the Cavs are very high on the forward and will take him if he’s available when they select.
“Executives around the league believe Avdija won’t fall past the Cavaliers; they’re said to be high on the Israeli forward, who provides playmaking and defensive versatility,” O’Connor wrote. “Avdija must improve his jumper, but he’s the most natural fit on a roster loaded with bigs and guards. If Avdija isn’t available, Dayton big man Obi Toppin could be the Cavs’ choice.”
It is also interesting to note that Toppin is the Cavs’ other option if Avdija is off the board.
While Avdija may not be the most polished prospect in the draft, he certainly has a lot of upside which could intrigue the Cavs.
The 2020 NBA Draft is scheduled to take place on Wednesday night.